hilarious video for all ma's and pa's

Josh Mackintosh

I don't think that is funny at all.

Any three year old child around here would NEVER call their mother by her first name and any argument lasting over 15 seconds would end with a swat on the back side. 

Just another example of why the younger generations have no respect for authority.

Arguing with anyone especially a child is a waste of time and effort and proves nothing.

Rant over.

Rog

Oh my goodness.

That kid would have a half life of about 1.5 seconds in my house. Calling a parent by a first name is bad enough, but the moment he put his hand up to dismiss her argument - that would have been "go time". The constant "listen to me" would have ended up with size 10 shoe up his butt. And then - he called her "honey". Hoo boy - game set and match. That video was about 2:40 long which is about 2:35 longer than it should have been before he was grounded for life.

I don't think that is funny at all.

Any three year old child around here would NEVER call their mother by her first name and any argument lasting over 15 seconds would end with a swat on the back side. 

Just another example of why the younger generations have no respect for authority.

Arguing with anyone especially a child is a waste of time and effort and proves nothing.

Rant over.

Rog

I wouldn't take it too seriously.  The mom is clearly in on the joke.  She had her camera (with a relative high quality resolution, decent zoom function, and maybe even on a tri-pod) ready to go.  So I do think its cute and funny.  I also think it is pathetic that so many people will make their kids a spectacle to get 15 seconds of fame, but that is a hole different rant :)

But you opened the door to this "kids of today don't respect their authority" debate.  Don't mistake fear for respect.  I feared my father growing up but can't say that fear created any lasting respect.  And from my experience most authority figures don't deserve respect by virtue of being an adult or authority figure.  As a kid I had bad enough first or second hand experiences with cops/pastors/teachers/coaches to tell you that a sizeable minority are criminals.   I always tell people I am not raising children, I am raising adults because you are really only a child for 15 years or so.  .... In my experience those that are willing to stand up to authority or question long held assumptions about peoples place in the world are the most successful and the least likely to be on the receiving end of a shady deal.  There is nothing wrong with looking out for #1.  Rant over!

This went viral in the past day or so, and it made it to our evening news, I guess it was a slow day.

Yes, a REAL slow day. On the yahoo news app yesterday around lunchtime the headline story was about the NY building that exploded. The second story was "Chelsea Clinton is 'Obsessed with Diarrhea'". I appreciate that yahoo is willing to tackle the hard hitting issues of our time.

Actually Freddie at some point it could become your problem....if you have to deal with the kid when he gets older. Imagine having him for a client.

I'd imagine he'd want your cupcakes.

I have never been a fan of Chelsea Clinton but for some reason I read the article. The number of child deaths attributed to untreated dehydration caused by diarrhea was staggering. I hate the header but the article was actually legit.

Yikes, I didn't read it because of the title. Egg on my face.