Kreg Router Table?

I'm sure it's a quality built table, most things I've used/seen from Kreg is good stuff. However, if you already have a lift, you could build a nice closed stand work center for much cheaper than 500.00. If you like the precision fence the Kreg comes with, you can always pick up a fence and install on your built piece.

I'm considering buying Kreg's router table setup. I have a couple of their tools (Fences and Miter gauge) and really like them. I have been eying their table. I am in need of a table in the near future. I already picked up the Jessem Mast-R-Left. What do you guys think?

i'm in the exact same situation, I have the Jessem Mast-R-Lift, and have looked at the Kreg as the best option because it fits the Lift, Table, Fence, Stand .. I know I could build the stand or case, but table tops and fences seem to come out to be just as much $.

I like the idea of a self squaring fence on a router table, but some of the reviews apear to be conflicting. What ever you decide, let us know, I need.want a router table but so far all I've got is the lift.

Cheers!

Mr. Graham

I'll suggest making one, though I suspect you'll be happy with the Kreg.

As for their fence, I really like the idea that it stays square to the miter slot, but I can't think of a situation where that actually matters. Does anyone know of one?

The only thing that I could think of is when you were cutting dadoes or grooves (a T-track slot?) with a router rather than a TS. It seems like feature that isn't terribly useful though. I would be doing most of those cuts on the TS or, if needed, with a router & edge guide.

I'll suggest making one, though I suspect you'll be happy with the Kreg.

As for their fence, I really like the idea that it stays square to the miter slot, but I can't think of a situation where that actually matters. Does anyone know of one?

I believe the point behind it is when you use the miter gauge slot its always parallel. That can be a handy feature I like, but I can't say I currently have a router table or will use that feature very often. I may just build one.

I am the Guy on themother side of the fence. I have their fence, and if I were to do it again, I would get the Woodpeckers Super Fence. I think that's it is a better system. They idea of Alfred squaring is nice, but I find it hard to rely on. There is a lot of flew in it. You need to make sure that the other side is tightened as well. Any pressure that might be inadvertently applied, will change your setup.

As for weather or not to build a top or not, I would do that if all you want is a basic table. Sometimes it I'd nice to have all they work done for ya, tracks and all. I built my table and don't regret it. I learned a lot from the project. Great skill builder. If you already have the lift, all you Ned is half a sheet of MDF, a piece of laminate and some scrap. The hardest part is cutting the hole for Tue insert, but there are plenty of videos on how to do that. Good luck whatever you do.

I believe the point behind it is when you use the miter gauge slot its always parallel. That can be a handy feature I like, but I can't say I currently have a router table or will use that feature very often. I may just build one.

I know it keeps the fence parallel with the slot, but for what? No jig uses them both. They're an either/or usage case.

I am the Guy on themother side of the fence. I have their fence, and if I were to do it again, I would get the Woodpeckers Super Fence. I think that's it is a better system. They idea of Alfred squaring is nice, but I find it hard to rely on. There is a lot of flew in it. You need to make sure that the other side is tightened as well. Any pressure that might be inadvertently applied, will change your setup.

As for weather or not to build a top or not, I would do that if all you want is a basic table. Sometimes it I'd nice to have all they work done for ya, tracks and all. I built my table and don't regret it. I learned a lot from the project. Great skill builder. If you already have the lift, all you Ned is half a sheet of MDF, a piece of laminate and some scrap. The hardest part is cutting the hole for Tue insert, but there are plenty of videos on how to do that. Good luck whatever you do.

I'll second that! Make one!

• 2 weeks later...

I know it keeps the fence parallel with the slot, but for what? No jig uses them both. They're an either/or usage case.

Way late on this one, sorry.

I completely agree with Dyami... you use the fence or the miter slots. The router bit is a point. You can skew your fence all you like vis-à-vis the miter slot and it makes no difference. I routinely (you too!) nudge the fence on just one side to make adjustments as it doesn't matter the 'square'.

There's only one case where I can find it useful. If you have a coping sled that rides the miter slot, you could use the fence as a glorified stop-block for placement of the rail pieces. I'd think those sleds wouldn't rely on that, though. I don't know as my coping sled uses the fence as a reference.