Gallery Improvement

As much as I love this forum software, nothing is perfect. One of the areas that could really use improvement is the Gallery. But in spite of the limitations, I think we can make it better. Right now, there is one massive Member gallery. All of your albums are posted in this giant category. My plan is to add some new, very broad, categories. When I say broad, I mean no more than 4 categories that comprise just about all possible woodworking related projects. So off the top of my head, I am thinking something like:

Furniture

Shop Projects

Turnings

Accessories

I am not married to these by any means. So I am looking for you input here. Let me stress again that I only want 4 categories or less, so they need to be broad. Thanks for the help folks!

I do like the idea of a shop projects catagory, which seperates things that solve a problem from things that are supposed to look pretty. The others are good, too, except I'm confused about the accessories label. Does this mean things you make, or things you buy? Are they accessories for the shop, or accessories for the home?

Or is this the long dangly jewelry and flowing scarves I wear to coordinate my shop outfits? :lol:

Looks like adding those categories will help. I must agree, galleries are the forums weak link, the one aspect on ning I still miss.

I've not done much with photos in the new forum, but is there a way to email in photos like we used to be able to?

Oh good question. I'll have to check on that. Invision knows the Gallery is weak and they are getting lots of feedback about it. I would expect to see some big improvements with future versions.