Reality check!

bywc

You know I get caught up in complaining I don't get enough time in the shop, or my shop isn't just the way I want it, or how that project didn't turn out the way I had hoped or about not having all the expensive tools, or it being to cold in the shop or to hot in the shop, or about the splinters or about how specific tasks are hard or monotonous on and on and then I run across something like this and wish I could just slap the hell out of myself and others who complain about the above mentioned things on top of other things.

I know my experience in the workshop is going to be different today and hopefully for along time when I think of this guy and I hope it brings a reality check to others in my mindset before hand.

A man who is legally blind builds wooden toy boxes for children during the holidays.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/11/26/slugoski.alberta.blind.santa.cbc?hpt=T2

wow I thought he would be useing hand tools was suprised to see him use power tool that is pretty amazing.

Yeah I did to! I couldn't believe it when he fired up the router! but man all the credit to that guy for learning, I mean man it would be easier if he had been a wood worker for 20 years then suddenly went blind but he was born that way and still was able to figure it out amazing for sure.

Yes, great video/inspiration! My sister is blind, totally in one eye, legally in the other.

Her husband is totally blind...the things they do on their own, on a daily basis is remarkable.

Definitely causes one to reflect on how we sometimes let the 'little things' almost blind us to the

joys in & of life...Thanks for sharing!