Linking Clarification

Dude can't figure out why he gets odd discounts...

I think it's more likely dude wondered why his order had 500bf of bubinga and had to cash out his kids college fund to pay it. 

I don't know about you folks living in AZ, but IL is effing horrid. Tuesday I put in about 20 feet of insulation and one piece of drywall then was done until.. well, now. The humidity just zapped everything I had. I really dislike it.

Paradise is not for everyone but, for those that enjoy cool breezy summers, mild winters, low humidity and no traffic, Houston's the place to be :wacko:

This is what I hear. I got friends that live there and they say it's the greatest place ever. Plus the cost of living is only 2% above what it is here, and I'm rockin' a 1200 sq foot house with full unfinished basement for 75k. To give you perspective.

Paradise is not for everyone but, for those that enjoy cool breezy summers, mild winters, low humidity and no traffic, Houston's the place to be :wacko:

I was in Austin last June and it was miserably hot. Everyone said oh Austin is dry heat. Walked outside and it was like walking into an armpit. It was hot and humid. I remember walking 2 miles to walmart in 99 degree swamp heat with a drawstring backpack and picking up a bathing suit 2 gallons of water to drink and some snacks/food for my hotel room. When I got back I looked like I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. 

Austin is about 160 miles from Houston, could the weather really be that different?

It's supposed to be in the 100's for the next 7 days, with feel like temps of 112 due to the 99% humidity and the last rain we saw was 2 months ago with the 11" in 36 hours.

I must have been in a heat induced stupor when I typed that last post.

You're right, Austin is about the same without as much humidity, 160 miles from Houston and light years away from reality.

I was in Austin last June and it was miserably hot. Everyone said oh Austin is dry heat. Walked outside and it was like walking into an armpit. It was hot and humid. I remember walking 2 miles to walmart in 99 degree swamp heat with a drawstring backpack and picking up a bathing suit 2 gallons of water to drink and some snacks/food for my hotel room. When I got back I looked like I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. 

Austin is about 160 miles from Houston, could the weather really be that different?

That's interesting. When I was in Vegas a few years back it was 113 degrees and I walked six miles that day. I was hot, but when it's 100 in IL, I can walk about a block and need to go home or pass out. Granted I am a giant fat man-baby sissy - so take that with a grain of salt. I thought Texas was roughly the same sort of weather? No? 

Disclaimer: Not a meteorologist.