Bandsaw blade recommendations

Nick2cd

I just bought a ridgid 14" bandsaw. from what i have read, the stock blade is pretty much junk. i'd like to upgrade the blade so i have one less thing to worry about. i don't mind buying a couple blades for different tasks. i think i will be cutting some curves (think bandsaw boxes) and possibly doing some resawing. what brand of blade is good and where do i purchase? also, how/where do i purchase a fence for this tool (i assume it doesn't come with one and i haven't opened the box yet)?

It SHOULD have a fence. I'm not sure of the quality, but you can build a better one if needed. I bought the DriftMaster, but haven't unpacked it yet. A good blade/price are http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/, You can buy these on Amazon(thru Marc's site) or Woodcraft. Read up on the tensioning method they suggest.

Congrats on the new saw! I've had great results with the wood slicer from Highland Woodworking on my Rikon 10-325. Since it is the only aftermarket blade I've tried, I have no basis, other than positives from others here, to comment on the timberwolf or other blades. Hope this is of help.

It SHOULD have a fence. I'm not sure of the quality, but you can build a better one if needed. I bought the DriftMaster, but haven't unpacked it yet. A good blade/price are http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/, You can buy these on Amazon(thru Marc's site) or Woodcraft. Read up on the tensioning method they suggest.

Great link,just what I needed..I was wondering what good blades were out there for my new Porter Cable 14 inch and did not know where to look.....

Scott