Search options

xxdabroxx

Is there a way to omit multiple results from the same thread in the search?  Meaning, I  search table saw and get results of individual posts from threads rather than individual threads.  Seem like most forums have a search in thread titles only option, but I don't see it here. 

Or if anyone has links to the "multitude of past table saw purchase threads" to share with me it would be much appreciated.  I'd hate to start another "what table saw should I buy thread".  :rolleyes:  But then again I just might have to. 

In response to your first question, no I don't think so. I've also looked for a way to combine the results from one topic into a single search result, but no luck :( 

As for what table saw to buy, I'm also looking and have been digging through the forum. Here are a few posts with some info, but honestly it depends a lot on what your price range is and what your needs are...my strategy is to learn what I can here on the forum  about models people have and are working well for them, then do more specific searches for reviews on those models (both here in the forum and elsewhere on the internets)....good luck! 

I found going to the individual forum first then searching this forum only to help a little bit.  You still get post results but it was better. 

I keep leaning towards the delta from Lowes.  I don't want to spend a ton of money right now and not having a ton of shop space it looks easy to move outside to cut big stuff. 

I considered the delta 36-725 and the 2 grizzly hybrid saws as well. I'm leaning towards the ridgid 4512 at the moment, personally.  I've heard from a couple people it works as well as the hybrid grizzlies, and its a bit cheaper.  It has better dust collection than the delta too, and I can get the ridgid locally without paying for $100 delivery. How soon are you making the purchase?

Seems I've missed a bit in this thread, it's turned into another TS thread.  Just go with the Griz and be done.  You're obviously not in the Saw Stop or PM price range so, stick with the cabinet saw because you'll just be replacing the other in a few years anyway. 

Try google search. I find it more useful than forum search most of the time. Example of google search restricted to WTO:

table saw site:woodtalkonline.com

If you want to search the titles only and not the content of the posts:

allintitle:table saw site:woodtalkonline.com

The following search will look for table saw in the URL, without duplicates:

allinurl:table saw -do site:woodtalkonline.com

Where do you learn this? This seems so basic and straightforward that it makes me feel silly for not having seen it demonstrated sooner. 

Where do you learn this? This seems so basic and straightforward that it makes me feel silly for not having seen it demonstrated sooner. 

Easiest way to explore advanced commands, is by using Google Advanced Search. Play with the options there, you'll see that some of them end up building a new search string, which you can later use straight from any regular Google search box.

• Like 1