ClearVue CV1800 - Craigslist Killer Deal

Mike Rustenbach

That deal is so good I don't even feel jealously and the desire to civilly congratulate you. I just feel hatred. 

Kiddig aside, where are you!?! That is an outrageous deal. I would expect a clearview to go for like 15% of retail. I would throw the pvc out and do some real ductwork. I kind of chuckled that the guy gave you a 30amp breaker! Did you match your panels prior to buying? It could be useless to you if your panels are different brands. 

Wait, reread it. He gave you the panel too? Lol did he cut the power to his house to rip the panel off the wall or was this a sub panel? 

That deal is so good I don't even feel jealously and the desire to civilly congratulate you. I just feel hatred. 

Kiddig aside, where are you!?! That is an outrageous deal. I would expect a clearview to go for like 15% of retail. I would throw the pvc out and do some real ductwork. I kind of chuckled that the guy gave you a 30amp breaker! Did you match your panels prior to buying? It could be useless to you if your panels are different brands. 

Wait, reread it. He gave you the panel too? Lol did he cut the power to his house to rip the panel off the wall or was this a sub panel? 

Haha thank you, I understand the hatred at this point. 

The funny thing is the 30 amp breaker he gave me matches the brand for my fuse panel. Haha no he didn't give me the box, it's actually an electric box for the remote start. Just looked on ClearVue's website and it looks like its another $250 upgrade. Dang!!!

Anyone know if there is a paint that I could touch up spots that wont allow sawdust to stick to it? Maybe a stupid question, just not sure if any paint will do

Also the clear plastic cyclone is a little hazy/dirty. Anyone know of a really good cleaner to make it really clear again? I tried glass cleaner and it made it a little better but there is room for improvement.

Edited by Mike Rustenbach

30 amp breakers aren't pricey, but still you saved $10 there too. I just thought it was funny he threw that in. I already have a cyclone, and it was such a PITA to setup that I probably wouldn't have purchased the clearvue if it was in my area for $450. Mine does well enough. Awesome find for you though.

That haze you see are microscratches. I don't think there is a way to buff them out.

Some sucker just got home to find his shop completely empty including his clearview and ductwork. Poor guy. Atleast you got a good deal! ☺ Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeah, sounds like that "sucker" is Mzdadoc! He got home to find his clearview gone and a 30amp breaker missing out of his panel.

• Like 1