attach to wood

rick kinder

Gorilla glue that I have used expands pretty aggressively (foams) and is definitely hard to clean up especially on a small project like yours. I'd use some 20 min epoxy and some blue tape to hold it steady until it dries. That will hold anything for sure, just be careful with the epoxy that you only use a small amount and don't get it on you or anything else you want to keep. Practice on something similar in size first and get the amount of glue and its timing down, plus how much tape you might need and where you should put it for best affect. I've had some bad results with some of the 5 min epoxies due to "faint hairs" of epoxy that trail from the applicator and get on the project , so if you use faster setting please experiment first. hope this helps.

Dave

I am trying to attach a smoking pipe that was cut in half to a board. The pipe is half wood and half plastic. What would be the best way to attach it to the board ie. glue, epoxy or other? if glue what type

I gather this won't be taking much, if any load. CA would work fine. Use the thin stuff if the two pieces fit well together or thicker glue if not. Epoxy would work too. As an alternative, you could use thin wire to "tie" it to the board. I vote for CA.