Berkey Table - completed

rodger.

6 hours ago, C Shaffer said:
6 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

Link to appropriate content? Googling Berkey table is not helping and I have no clue. 

Nice work.

Thanks!

The "Berkey" is a water purification unit.  I simply called the table i am building for it a "Berkey table".  Check out the video in the first post to learn about the Berkey unit.

17 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Im glad you got the pigtails sorted out. It looks awesome Rodger !! Can we see some pics when its all set up with the berkey?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yup, will do!

9 hours ago, Eric. said:

Yeah I don't think you NEED to wait 30 days to polish varnish.  I've done it the day after the final coat, believe it or not.  It's probably better to wait but it's not like you're actually rubbing out and changing sheen, which does require a very hard, cured finish...you're just knocking the nibs down and smoothing things out.  Use mineral oil/mineral spirits 50/50 mix and a 1000 or 2000 grit Platin pad.

Nice little table there, Pug.  I'd also like to see it with the Berkey in use.  Does the Berkey come standards with the minerals or is that an upgrade?  I took a quick look on their site but I didn't even see it mentioned.  I might get one of these myself.  Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

I did a tonne of research on water filtration and purification, and this unit stood above all others.  I have had a variety of systems in the past (Brita, under the sink filter, reverse osmosis, etc).  This one is very reasonably priced, lasts 6 years before filter change, and requires no power or water pressure.  The cost of RO was about 2200.00.  This unit came it at 250.

I'll snap some photos after I place the table in its forever home.

I have been using the Berkey for two or three weeks, and i love it.

It didn't come with the mineral kit, thats an additional option. The basic kit comes with the unit, two filters, the spout, lid, and rubber foot for it to sit in.

• Like 1