Turning carbide tip handle tool

rmartuszewski

Thanks.

I cut the wood, then routed 3/8" straight bit down the center. The bar was bought, home depot at $6 each. Bought two bars and cut in half at 18". So each tool will have 9" inside wood handle, and 9" exposed. The total length is 28" long. And that is perfect for me as I can get the back right on my hip. Also turned it to hold at back end/bottom. But also mid way if I want to choke up on it if need be. Going to buy the square carbide tips for the spiral head jointer replacement tips for this tool. Next tool is going to get round ones.

IMG_4058.JPG

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On February 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Immortan D said:

I like that long copper ferrule. Where did you get it from?

I picked longer (rather then cut down) for extra support on the thinner part of wood. I bought them at that length at home depot for $1.50 each. Bought four to make four tools. In the pluming section.  Short ones would work, but feel a little longer would  strengthen the wood more there. 

On February 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM, swiftyfrommi said:

965c18cd4b145a9a0e0d2c335e19e40f.jpg

This is the one I just finished out of white oak.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Nice, you baseball fan? Almost looks like a bat. Love the  simplicity of it. 

I am going to make each of mine different, woods and shape. 

image.thumb.jpeg.32a9ad586a9fae327adf41170bd1c524.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.830ed9b95bd713d6f4900ffbd486e15e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c1b41b008a9956ac8e73cc94c9c17085.jpeg

I like that long copper ferrule. Where did you get it from?

I picked longer (rather then cut down) for extra support on the thinner part of wood. I bought them at that length at home depot for $1.50 each. Bought four to make four tools. In the pluming section.  Short ones would work, but feel a little longer would  strengthen the wood more there. 

965c18cd4b145a9a0e0d2c335e19e40f.jpg

This is the one I just finished out of white oak.

Nice, you baseball fan? Almost looks like a bat. Love the  simplicity of it. 

I am going to make each of mine different, woods and shape. 

Actually I hate baseball but the first one turned out that shape and I liked how the shape felt using it so I made the other four the same.

No clue yet lol. Buying the carbide tips on the 1st. The grinding ends of square stock. And drilling/tapping for small tip screws. Also going to clean the crap off stick and polish then spray with T-9 saw table spray to keep them from rusting. So they will be shiny and all. Will post some videos and pics. Apso will break down the cost for each.