Got an upgrade

mrrhode04

So this weekend I went and got a new bandsaw. I am lucky enough to have Rockler and Woodcraft near me. I noticed Woodcraft had the saw on sale until yesterday so I called Rockler to see if they would price match and they did. Woodcraft was on back order but Rockler had two of them on hand so I didn't have to wait to bring it home. Now I just have to get the guide set right. Blow is the old one and then the new one.

Old.jpg

New.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrrhode04 said:

Now I just have to get the guide set right

That is one of the many things I like about my 1412 the ceramic guides are easy to set up.  When you cut tight curves the ceramics will spark some times but no need for alarm though.

You will be very happy with your purchase.  Your previous saw is kinda cool, how old is that?

2 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

That is one of the many things I like about my 1412 the ceramic guides are easy to set up.  When you cut tight curves the ceramics will spark some times but no need for alarm though.

You will be very happy with your purchase.  Your previous saw is kinda cool, how old is that?

Yeah I have been doing some reading and it seems very easy and I have heard about the sparking (makes sense it is ceramic against steel) I am not 100% sure but I think from the 50's at least that is what I have found online. I still have the matching drill press and my gramp has the jointer from the same time period.

56 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Oh thanks for this my delta table top saw would spark occasionally and now that i know it's normal that will make me more comfortable using it. I don't know if the guides are ceramic but they are a dark solid material on the side of the blade.

29 minutes ago, Dnorris1369 said:

How was the assembly. I'm picking up that exact saw tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The assembly was very easy. You have to get everything out of the box before you can start, the two sides to the base are on the bottom. All you do is put the base together, then put the main body on, Install the table, assemble the front rail and fence, put some handles on, install the blade and set the guides. I would say it didn't even take an hour and a half to do it all. you will need something to clean the table.