New Shop Build

Chris H

Chris, I guess it just shows to go Ya, you're never too old to learn. I've noticed that the last couple of times that I've cleaned my filter that the turnbuckles have bottomed out when I tighten them but they held the filter in place so I figured what the heck. Never thinking that they need to be pretty snug. The area the clips attach to aren't very substantial anyways. I may try and rig up some tie downs that go over the top of the filter. If I were one of the woodworking mags, I would award you tip of the week;)! Thanks bud!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 7:48 PM, Chris H said:

I found out what the issue was on mine, and I am hoping this can help you too.  Seems the sheet metal that connects the wyn filter is clipped to buckled.  I am assuming this was from one of the many times I was moving it around prior to fixing it in place.  

Here is a pic to show what I mean:IMG_1562.JPG]

Simply adjusting those and tightening them down has almost eliminated the problem.  So I'd guess your issue is similar, in that you don't have enough resistance from the filter.  Could be the clips not adding enough tension or some other gap somewhere beyond the separator.  

Hope this helps!

@Chris H, Are you satisfied with the way your collector is working now? I eliminated the turnbuckles and replaced them ratchet tie downs over the top but have not had a chance to try them out yet.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 7:26 PM, K Cooper said:

@Chris H, Are you satisfied with the way your collector is working now? I eliminated the turnbuckles and replaced them ratchet tie downs over the top but have not had a chance to try them out yet.

I have been extremely impressed with it's performance.  I have run a couple hundred board feet through full milling at this point, and there is only a 1/4 cup or so in the bag.  I will keep the ratchet straps in mind though if the turnbuckles fail again.  

On 1/28/2017 at 7:44 PM, wdwerker said:

Just now catching up on this thread and I see a soda can on your cast iron jointer table ! Nice looking shop !

No real risk of sweating can....sadly the shop is colder than the can!