My hand Planes

Space Age Plane Co.

Hi guys, my name is Paul, I run a small company called Space Age Plane Co. I make custom and infill hand planes and just figured I'd introduce myself and I wanted to put a few pics on here, but it keeps telling me they aren't jpeg(?). I also sell other new and vintage woodworking tools. My site is new and I'm adding to it as much as I can.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask and be sure to check www.spaceageplane.com!

Hi guys, my name is Paul, I run a small company called Space Age Plane Co. I make custom and infill hand planes and just figured I'd introduce myself and I wanted to put a few pics on here, but it keeps telling me they aren't jpeg(?). I also sell other new and vintage woodworking tools. My site is new and I'm adding to it as much as I can.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask and be sure to check www.spaceageplane.com!

Hi Paul, glad to have you join us.

We welcome your participation, but please take time to read the forum rules concerning advertisements.

As for photos, I believe you must make a few posts before uploaded content is allowed, and there is also a size limit for pictures.

As our Moderator has told you, this is a site for those that work in the wood. We appreciate that you joined us and you're welcome, as long as you stay within the rules of no advertisement. Don't take this the wrong way, but if all you came here for is to sell your products, please withdraw.

10 hours ago, Space Age Plane Co. said:

- Immortan D- To answer your question, one is to hold this plane exactly like a block plane. But instead of having any type of long, protruding lever cap, the rear of your palm rests on the iron, as it would with any small mitre, chariot, or thumb plane that was produced long before cast planes were made. Your index and middle finger rest right over the lever cap and your index finger touches the toe of the plane, basically like you're steering it. Not only is this a very comfortable plane to use, but the feedback from the sole is amazing. I use it as a very small smoother to touch up things like box lids or trim end grain. The person this plane was originally made for is working on a short video for me to upload on my blog, be sure to check it out and thanks for visiting my site.

Cool! Thanks.