Walnut Score

Dknapp34

Dang dude, nice score. I usually use an old chisel and mallet to get rid of the bark on mine but, it's already dried so don't know how hard that will be on green. Don't go out every day and look at these things cause your third grader will be driving  before they dry, if you do;)

22 minutes ago, Dknapp34 said:

Bark is gone and ends are painted. Just have to move the stack to a good spot in the backyard and wait. a. long. time.

I'd leave them outside for a year or so then find a place for them in the shop or basement.  They'll never get below 12-15% MC outside.

I'd make space for those boards at that quality and price.  Fo shiz.

• Like 1

I slab and sell slabs for a living don't know why you want to take the bark off I would leave it on. I will just fall off in the drying process depending on when the tree was cut down and slab.

If you want to dry it in a kiln you can build a Frame with one by ones and put the lumber in it and cover it with six mill plastic and put a dehumidifier with a fan in there and that should only take about two weeks to three weeks to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk