New style Rikon band saw guides

drzaius

I have a Rikon 10-325 & guides work pretty well, but are pretty fussy to get adjusted. The newer 10-326 is basically the same saw, but with what looks like a much improved guide system. Has anyone here have , or have used these new guides? Rikon is selling as an upgrade & it's got me thinking...

I purchased the updated guide kit for my 10-325 awhile back when Woodcraft had them on sale for $99.  The newer style guides made all the difference in the world when it comes to adjusting the guides.  If I had known the huge difference they made I would have ponied up the money a lot sooner.  The difference this kit makes in adjusting the lower guides alone makes it a worthwhile buy.    

5 hours ago, Dave's Not Here said:

I purchased the updated guide kit for my 10-325 awhile back when Woodcraft had them on sale for $99.  The newer style guides made all the difference in the world when it comes to adjusting the guides.  If I had known the huge difference they made I would have ponied up the money a lot sooner.  The difference this kit makes in adjusting the lower guides alone makes it a worthwhile buy.    

That's good to hear. I went to Lee Valley to have a look & they seem really easy to adjust.

10 hours ago, RichardA said:

Think Carter.

I'll check those out as well. Anybody used both?

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

The guides for the 10-326 are tool less-not sure if they are the upgrade kit or not.    The Carter guides aren't.

The 10-326 comes with the improved guides & Rikon sells them as an upgrade for the older 10-325.

The toolessness (did I just invent a word?) is what appeals to me with the new Rikon guides. If the Carter guides aren't tooless, then I think I'll go for the Rikon.

Thanks for the help guys.

46 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

Hijack question-

Do you have to remove the fence rails on the 10-325 to change blades?  It looks like on the 10-326 you do not, but I'm not sure.  If you don't, I'm strongly leaning toward the Rikon over the Laguna.

You do not have to remove the fence rail on the 10-325 to change the blade.