wipe on poloy large area

RR60

I am assuming that, for a table top, you want to build a little thickness to your finish.  I usually do the first 2 thin coats  wipe on/off.   I use Arm-R-Seal and actually pour the stuff around on the table and then spread it around in all directions making sure that I get it all the way to the edges,  Then I use full length overlapping strokes with a folded rag that is already damp with the finish.   My final coat (or 2) I do with a sponge applicator to build thickness,  same process.  Spread it all over and then take full length strokes. If it looks like I am pushing too much of the ARS with the applicator I daub it off at the end of each full length stroke.  Hint hold the sponge at an angle like a tiltied snow plow so any excess gets push into the area where your next stroke will be.  Takes less then 5 minutes to do a coat on table the size of yours.  Be sure to run the sponge around the edges to eliminate any runs.