DC CL MM16

Tom King

Double check before you buy it. I want to say 2003 was prior to that model having 16” resaw and the bigger motor. The early 2000s were 10-12” resaw and a 3hp or less motor. The newest rendition is 16” resaw and 4.8hp, I believe. They changed the table trunnion design as well. In short, the earlier model is noticeably inferior in design to the newer model. 

7 minutes ago, Pwk5017 said:

Double check before you buy it. I want to say 2003 was prior to that model having 16” resaw and the bigger motor. The early 2000s were 10-12” resaw and a 3hp or less motor. The newest rendition is 16” resaw and 4.8hp, I believe. They changed the table trunnion design as well. In short, the earlier model is noticeably inferior in design to the newer model. 

I agree compared to a new MM but compared to a new Jet, Grizzly , etc of the same size I would go with this machine 

How much does a new one cost?  I have no idea, so don't really know how much value difference there is.   For a 16" saw, 3.6hp would be plenty for me.  My older than this 24" has a 4hp, and it will cut as fast as I can push anything through it.  My 24" has the old style table tilt, and it's really a non-issue.  I do understand that the new tilt design is easier to operate, but I wouldn't pay any more money for it.

Of course, check all the specs out before spending your money, but I'd take this saw over any other new one for the price that this seller is asking.

I just posted it since they don't show up very often.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, Tom King said:

How much does a new one cost?  I have no idea, so don't really know how much value difference there is.   For a 16" saw, 3.6hp would be plenty for me.  My older than this 24" has a 4hp, and it will cut as fast as I can push anything through it.  My 24" has the old style table tilt, and it's really a non-issue.  I do understand that the new tilt design is easier to operate, but I wouldn't pay any more money for it.

Of course, check all the specs out before spending your money, but I'd take this saw over any other new one for the price that this seller is asking.

I just posted it since they don't show up very often.

About 3K-3.5K depending on time of year and who you buy from.