Router recommendation for WP dado jig

Tobykanobe

As I posted in another thread, I've bought the Woodpecker Dado Jig which I will be using mostly for cabinet dadoes.  If you were to buy a router just for this jig, which would it be?  I have some routers with large bodies, but thought that one of the smaller "palm" routers may be better for this.  Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Tobykanobe said:

If you were to buy a router just for this jig, which would it be?

Me, I wouldn't buy a router just for a jig unless my others were spoken for (e.g.router table), or I was going to do a large volume of jig work.

I would have a dedicated one.  Don't ask me how many dedicated routers I have because I couldn't come close to guessing, and even if I counted them, I'd probably still forget some.  If I need to do a particular job though, I don't have any problem remembering.

If the Reds don't clash, the Milwaukee may be the best match, just because of color.

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Have ya thought about buying a extra base for 1 of your existing routers or picking up a good used router off of Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or Pawnshop?

This is a good recommendation.  I have several Milwaukee routers and twice as many bases.  Any of the 5615 and 5616 motors fit all the bases and I have them attached to all sorts of things.  I just load the small motor for fixed speed lightweight or the larger motor for soft-start, variable speed.