Clamp Rack v2 - Variation

gee-dub

@Mark J  I find the standing on their head storage method very appealing. I just needed to jam more into a smaller lineal footprint (If I used that word right). I have seen narrow shelves, wall-mounted, with K-Body clamps standing on their head; very slick idea.

PS what’s going on with those cordless drill motors on the right hand side of your clamp rig? That looks like a clever idea we’re sharing.

6 hours ago, gee-dub said:

@Mark J  I find the standing on their head storage method very appealing. I just needed to jam more into a smaller lineal footprint (If I used that word right). I have seen narrow shelves, wall-mounted, with K-Body clamps standing on their head; very slick idea.

PS what’s going on with those cordless drill motors on the right hand side of your clamp rig? That looks like a clever idea we’re sharing.

I built that rack a few years ago (there's a post about it on here somewhere), but like everything in your shop it evolves over time.  I didn't have the Woodpeckers stuff when I built the rack, but they found a safe home behind the clamps. 

I picked up the drill set one day for some can't pass it up price.  They then proceeded to get moved from one work surface to another because I had no shelf or drawer for them.  One day I realized the drills have these goofball belt clips** and I just happen to have a ton of picture hanging wire and voila storage was born.  

The thing with the clamps is that the first thing I'm going to do when I take one off the wall is flip the head down, because the next thing I do is put the clamp on the floor standing on the clamp head.  So I'm a step ahead, and the Jorgy's don't slide down and smack my hand.

**belt clips, really?  Like my pants were staying up too much and I really need to hang 5 pounds of drill on my belt to keep them down.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, Mark J said:

One day I realized the drills have these goofball belt clips** and I just happen to have a ton of picture hanging wire and voila storage was born

Awesome.  I find woodworkers to be a resourceful and clever bunch.  Thanks!