gee-dub

Clamp Rack v2 - Variation

Recommended Posts

I have to do something like this for my F style clamps.  What I have now does not make me happy.

I can't help myself, I have to ask, whats up with the shop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chet said:

I have to do something like this for my F style clamps.  What I have now does not make me happy.

I can't help myself, I have to ask, whats up with the shop.

LOL. Recent move. New digs. Don’t even have decent power yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought about using a french cleat that's awesome! Make them future proof what a concept. I'm on my 3 version of clamp storage if I go to four this will be top of the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll toe the company line here, and I usually don't do this in this forum. About a year ago I started trying the steel clamp racks from Rockler and I LOVE them. I have them for Bessey k body and also for F clamps and they're pretty great. And full disclosure, I used to work there, so there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mark J  I find the standing on their head storage method very appealing. I just needed to jam more into a smaller lineal footprint (If I used that word right). I have seen narrow shelves, wall-mounted, with K-Body clamps standing on their head; very slick idea.

 

PS what’s going on with those cordless drill motors on the right hand side of your clamp rig? That looks like a clever idea we’re sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gee-dub said:

@Mark J  I find the standing on their head storage method very appealing. I just needed to jam more into a smaller lineal footprint (If I used that word right). I have seen narrow shelves, wall-mounted, with K-Body clamps standing on their head; very slick idea.

 

PS what’s going on with those cordless drill motors on the right hand side of your clamp rig? That looks like a clever idea we’re sharing.

I built that rack a few years ago (there's a post about it on here somewhere), but like everything in your shop it evolves over time.  I didn't have the Woodpeckers stuff when I built the rack, but they found a safe home behind the clamps. 

I picked up the drill set one day for some can't pass it up price.  They then proceeded to get moved from one work surface to another because I had no shelf or drawer for them.  One day I realized the drills have these goofball belt clips** and I just happen to have a ton of picture hanging wire and voila storage was born.  

The thing with the clamps is that the first thing I'm going to do when I take one off the wall is flip the head down, because the next thing I do is put the clamp on the floor standing on the clamp head.  So I'm a step ahead, and the Jorgy's don't slide down and smack my hand.

 

**belt clips, really?  Like my pants were staying up too much and I really need to hang 5 pounds of drill on my belt to keep them down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, Mark J said:

One day I realized the drills have these goofball belt clips** and I just happen to have a ton of picture hanging wire and voila storage was born

Awesome.  I find woodworkers to be a resourceful and clever bunch.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.