Heat marks on my entire shutters

I added wood shutters on my home in Phoenix about three years ago and they face East and have no shade.  In the summer the front of the house gets really hot!!  I have been using the Wood Whisperer's varnish formula of marine varnish, naptha, and boiled linseed oil on all of the other wood and they look great.  In this instance, the shutters are almost completely heat marked (like you set a hot coffee cup on a finished table).  I'm looking for any advice on how to fix this issue.  Not sure how to insert the images which would have been good for you all to see.

Appreciate the thoughts.

Jim

1 hour ago, Jim in Phoenix said:

Not sure how to insert the images which would have been good for you all to see.

The simple way to post a picture is, when you are typing to add to a post, just drag the photo to the gray area were it says "Drag files here to attach" once the thumbnail appears just click on the + in the lower left of the thumbnail and the picture will post were ever your cursor is in the text box at the time.

4 hours ago, RichardA said:

Paint.

+1. Opaque coatings are about the only way to protect wood from the ravages of the sun.  Barring that, epoxy sealers known as CPES, followed by a quality outdoor varnish like Epifanes, is commonly used for outdoor projects in areas of high moisture. The furnace of Phoenix is a different animal, so it may not fare as well.

• Like 1