Earlex 6000 series SprayPort HVLP

I have an Earlex (cheaper version) that uses the same cam lock assembly for the gun and cup. Mine dripped the last time I used it as well. I discovered that the nuts that hold the gun to the lid were just a tad loose. A quick tightening and no more drips.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Nice review. Were you able to find a good deal on it, or did you pay market price?

10 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Nice review. Were you able to find a good deal on it, or did you pay market price? 

I got very lucky and got the whole thing for $170.  Found the power supply, and hose, brand new, in a dumpster behind a certain WW supply store. Inside the store, the spray gun from the display model went missing. So they ordered a new one, kept the gun and chucked the rest.

So then I just bought the gun ($200) which was on sale for 15% off, and free shipping.

Obviously, I got insanely lucky. But...

(Word to the wise: next time you're at your fave WW store, if you can, take a peek inside the dumpster. You'd be AMAZED at what gets thrown away).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Is it possible  that maybe the drips came from a buildup of agent on the needle tip or you know it came from the cup? 

It was coming from the cup, or more specifically, the pressure inside the cup was forcing material out of the seal where the cup is coupled to the gun. Sounds like another guy has solved that issue, so it looks like user error on my end. 

40 minutes ago, Dave S said:

I have an Earlex (cheaper version) that uses the same cam lock assembly for the gun and cup. Mine dripped the last time I used it as well. I discovered that the nuts that hold the gun to the lid were just a tad loose. A quick tightening and no more drips.

Thank you @Dave S! You can bet I'll be investigating this solution! 

Once fixed, were you able to move the locking lever the full amount that it can travel? Or does yours become "locked"when the lever is halfway home?

That looks like an awesome rig for not much money. Spraying makes a world of difference on water born surface finish you can get way smoother much faster it seems like. I also love spraying for objects that have a lot of nooks and crannies that are difficult to get with a brush.

• Like 2