Quarter circle with forstner bit?

14 hours ago, Englishable said:

I was looking up how I would do this last night, something like this? (Though this has the template below the working piece and uses toggle clamps.)

template-routing_5F00_thick-parts-1.jpg

Essentially, yes. My vision was for a stationary jig and a hand-held router, but this might actually be more efficient. With a router and a pattern to follow, you have to really work to screw it up. Especially if you have 2 pattern jigs, so one is for the rough cutout, and one just a bit bigger in radius for the cleanup pass. I can't speak for the others, but for the tool collection at my disposal, this seems like the fastest way to batch out a "lot" of accurate parts. Whatever a "lot" is for you. In truth, my tool set is probably better suited to a hybrid approach, rough cut at the band saw, final cut at the router. It is possible to make some types of repeating cuts with a pattern follower on the bandsaw as well, but I've not tried that myself.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, BillyJack said:

I dont know about better than Lenox. Not all Lenox bits are the same..

We use the Lenox at work drilling thru stainless commercial exhaust hoods and they work great at low speeds. I stumbled across the Milwaukee when I needed a size that we didn’t stock and find they work great on wood. Not sure if it’s the pitch of the teeth, tpi or what. 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, Coop said:

We use the Lenox at work drilling thru stainless commercial exhaust hoods and they work great at low speeds. I stumbled across the Milwaukee when I needed a size that we didn’t stock and find they work great on wood. Not sure if it’s the pitch of the teeth, tpi or what. 

I've been using these for a long time between bar and poker tables. The Lenox I have cut excellent and have no reason to change to Milwaukee.. it's great you found a good cutter...

large.1083551101_rebelworkwoodworkingHDRT(51).JPG.ddeb09e31cf649f4cd6e0fbd2bf65559.jpeg

user323_pic12401_1519048986.jpg

large.900082225_rebelworkwoodworkingHDRT(70).JPG.486da7aefa4df74f3d1a2444de718023.jpeg

DSC03965.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...