Wood CNC engraving

BillyJack

Those machines CAN be capable of producing amazing output, but some are better than others. If I didn't want to stay AWAY from a computer by the end of my workday, I'd probably have one by now. For lettering, if nothing else. That is one aspect of woodworking that I would rather have a machine do, because it is just so tedious to get right by hand. Otherwise, woodwork is my therapy, so I prefer working with my hands.

On 11/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Otherwise, woodwork is my therapy, so I prefer working with my hands.

In my case, as in most with a CNC, the CNC is usually but a small portion of the actual entire job.  In some cases the CNC is about 10% but certainly there are some where the CNC is 90% of the job, it just depends.  And there are some projects I've done where if it weren't for the CNC (that I built) I wouldn't even be doing the job.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Those machines CAN be capable of producing amazing output, but some are better than others. If I didn't want to stay AWAY from a computer by the end of my workday, I'd probably have one by now. For lettering, if nothing else. That is one aspect of woodworking that I would rather have a machine do, because it is just so tedious to get right by hand. Otherwise, woodwork is my therapy, so I prefer working with my hands.

That’s what I’m curious about. We had 100k CNC’s  at work, but they’re not used for this stuff. Mainly production for chair/bench parts. Im talking to the Relative about maybe making a piece for my bar. 

EE36E518-C16B-4595-9C10-4D025264AAE5.jpeg