"All Right"

Mark J

46 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I'm struggling to find the turned element, they look 100% carved or made via other woodworking means and methods.

The rules are that the submitted piece must have some turned work, but needn't be majority turned.   Sometimes there's more turning involved than at first meets the eye.  For example, a turning might be cut in half, then the pieces glued together in a different orientation. 

48 minutes ago, Mark J said:

The rules are that the submitted piece must have some turned work, but needn't be majority turned.   Sometimes there's more turning involved than at first meets the eye.  For example, a turning might be cut in half, then the pieces glued together in a different orientation. 

Ahh sorry i meant that to be more of a compliment than a criticism. It's impressive how you can take something from a lathe that should be circular and transform it into something that looks square etc. I rather really liked the paint kit for some reason. I like how they used offset turnings to make stamps and then incorporated both the stamped shape and the stamp into the piece.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 5:22 AM, Mark J said:

Thanks, John.  I can't believe what the piece went for.  I was standing at the back of the room.  My hope was that it would hit $600.  When the bidding went through $1200 I had to hold the chair back in front of me to keep from falling over.

That's Awesome Mark! Congrats!!