Table Saw Help

Firehawk

I just joined WoodTalkOnline and enjoy reading the variety of posts. I have a passion for vintage woodworking power tools as well as fine furniture building, repair and restoration.

I have a combination Delta 34-160 8-inch Tilting Table Saw & 32-290 4-inch Jointer (see photo below),

post-5344-0-77235000-1312147948_thumb.jp

which I inherited from my father over 30 years ago. During a recent move to a new residence, I accidentally broke the die-cast front trunnion worm shaft housing (part #NCS-55-S) and also damaged the front trunnion teeth on the Bracket (part #NCS-20) that supports the Arbor Assembly. I found and purchased a replacement NCS-55-S front trunnion worm shaft housing. Now I'm in search of the NCS-20 Bracket for my table saw.

I am able to adjust the table tilt angle without a working trunnion gear by manually positioning the table while having my partner tighten the trunnion star wheel. However, as you can imagine, this is quite awkward and inconvenient.

I'd love to have a full-functioning vintage table saw again, so if anyone out there knows where I can purchase an NCS-1 main body for my Delta Homecraft 34-160 8" Table Saw, please notify me at higbytoys@yahoo.com.

I know that I can afford to replace this vintage combination table saw & jointer with a newer model. However, I have a fondness for vintage tools and especially because this combo saw & jointer belonged to my late father, I'd really like to keep it running in his memory.

I would also like to obtain an original Delta tenoning jig (see photo below)

post-5344-0-56249100-1312148725_thumb.jp

to use with the table saw. I loaned mine to my then brother-in-law and he sold/traded it for another tool for his woodworking shop.

John Tancredi

Proprietor

www.Higbytoys.com

52 Casselberry Dr

Audubon, PA 19403-2150

higbytoys@yahoo.com

610-635-0519 (phone/fax)

610-574-6126 (cell)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a CHEAP craftsman TS that I am fed up with. My primary complaint with it is that, it only has 12" capacity on either side of the blade. Is there any simple way to fix this short of buying a better saw?

Just trying to save a few bucks if I can

Wayne