Router Table Cabinet Plans

Eric.

Does anyone know where I can get some free plans for a router table cabinet? I like the Bench Dog design, and would prefer one identical to it, but I kinda want to whip this project out pretty quick and don't have the time to experiment. I looked around a bit, but couldn't find any cabinet plans I was ga-ga over that I didn't have to pay for.

sorry, I don't know how to just send a link - a brief education is welcomed.

1. Copy the link URL into your paste buffer
  2. write your post
  3. select the text that will be link "anchor"
  4. click the icon in the toolbar that looks like some links of chain with a green dot at one end
  5. paste the URL into the popup text window
  6. select http or whatever the appropriate protocol is
  7. Click OK

I usually post the link because I never learned how to embed. I still write my HTML by hand with a non-GUI text editor.

I've seen this one Beech...it looks pretty good...I had saved another from you tube

That's interesting, especially the part about not using below the table dust collection. I figure that the dust has got to go somewhere, and if you don't suck it below the table with a vacuum or dust collector, it willl get thrown around above the table. Below the table at least it's contained in a compartment, where above the table it can get all over the place (and eventually into my lungs).

I'd like to see him run some MDF through his router table and clean up afterwards. Maybe he's right, but I don't see how it would work. Of course, if you are using a router with a good dust collection hookup, then you wouldn't need a dust collection compartment.

He has a good point about air flow. I'm thinking of putting some extra air vents into my table so that there is enough air flow to keep the motor cool and to keep the dust from settling in the compartment. Since the air would be flowing in the vents out out through the DC/vacuum, the dust won't get out the vents.