Any interest in webcasted turning projects that are interactive?

Roger T

Morning all,

I know that us turners are few and far between here on TWW. I turn almost every day, and usually have my webcam on here on TWW. Would there be any interest in doing a turning project through TWW? What I am thinking is, to pick a project that is about 1 1/2 hour long, and starting from the beginning take the project thru to completion. These kinds of projects can be as simple as a small bowl, to hollow ornaments, to any myriad of things. We can pick a time in the evening, and use the chat room here on the Main TWW front page, not the chat in the forum here. If you have questions or comments, they can be typed in to the chat room. I will have the ability to talk, so you would get a vocal response. Any and all topics can be covered, and if they are lengthy, can be split into multiple nights.

I love to teach, and really like helping people get better at what we like to do.

So what say the gathered masses. Lets have a discussion and see where it leads us.

Roger

roger invited me into his home and tought me alot still planing on geting a lathe i am just waiting for money. (arent we all) roger if you need me to read off questions or helping out then im now officaly volunteering to help you out. just tell me what you want or need and ill do my best to help ya.

Please keep me posted on this. I'd be happy to promote the heck out of it. And if you need to drum up more interest, let me know. I can always put up a blog post to gauge interest. Frankly, if you just pick a day and time, I can put it on the calendar and make sure we have some bodies in the chat.

Roger, I'm totally with you on this one. I think its a great idea. You helped walk me through a project or two while caming. I know that we'll get a lot of visitors to learn. I like Barton's idea of recording it and having it available (if it turns out ok :) ). At least record it on Ustream. Don't know the amount of space available there for a 1+ hr recording, but we can figure it out.

Yeah its going to be difficult for me to record it with any sort of quality. Best I can do on my end is screen cap the feed, which is pretty inefficient. You can always capture via ustream and send me the FLV file. I'll see what I can do to post it. Ustream dumps all their commercial in there embedded videos too which makes it quite annoying to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...