DeWal DW735 Planer

Renzo

Hi

I'm thinking of snatching up the DeWalt DW735 planer. I've read several reviews and they all seem favourable, but does anyone here have any personal experience with it?

If so, how do you like it? Any specific things you wouldn't mind sharing about it?

Hi

I'm thinking of snatching up the DeWalt DW735 planer. I've read several reviews and they all seem favourable, but does anyone here have any personal experience with it?

If so, how do you like it? Any specific things you wouldn't mind sharing about it?

I have had it for several years. it is everything it's supposed to be. automatic cutterhead lock, little to no snipe (usually it's user operated cause), power horse, user friendly, comfortable controls. I pretty much only use it on the high cpi setting (finishing), it's loud as hell (they all are), and does everything I throw at it with no complaints.

I got mine used (technically, although it seems to have had very little use) at a ridiculous price, otherwise I would look at the Ridgid planer.

I have had mine about 6 months now and I love it! I bought mine at tool king for 720 delivered with stand, extra knives, and extension tables. I agree with others the only time ive seen snipe is with my errors. I have mine hooked up to DC, but the fan feels like it would blow chips real well without it. I went back and forth between this and a freestanding 15" for awhile and I am very happy. This really does live up to all the hype IMHO.

Shawn

Well the price is fine it's actually cheaper than the General Int model i was looking at. It can be had here for $599. Although sometimes i think it goes on sale for a bit off, so i'll keep my eyes pealed.

Refurb for $500 - this sale has been around for a while. I like refurbs - sometimes they are just units that someone used once or twice (or never!) and then returned for credit because they didn't want it. Gifts, buyers remorse, neighbors/family complained about the noise, etc. And unlike Craigs list, you generally get some sort of warranty.

I've had mine for a few years, I got it used. With new knives in it, it leaves a nice finish. I would highly recommend a DC on the unit though, or you will have chips everywhere. The blower on that thing can literally inflate the bags on my dc to the point I don't really even have to turn it on.

I have had mine for just over a year now and I love it. I got it at Grizzly tent sale for under 500 new. It is great and recommend picking up the extension tables if it doesnt have them already. Works great, chew up some serious wood, and the dust collection is pretty good as well. Glad that I have it, but will be upgrading to a 15" stationary hopefully next year..

I have had mine for just over a year now and I love it. I got it at Grizzly tent sale for under 500 new. It is great and recommend picking up the extension tables if it doesnt have them already. Works great, chew up some serious wood, and the dust collection is pretty good as well. Glad that I have it, but will be upgrading to a 15" stationary hopefully next year..

sac go with a 20, youll wish you did.

sac go with a 20, youll wish you did.

I have thought about that and then thought, "Do I really need a 20" planer?" But then I also just got a 12" jointer. I would like big, but then I think about Marc, he went from a 20" to a 15" and he seems to be fine with it. Marc, speak up if you dont still think that way.