Greetings Fellow woodworkers from Smithville MO.

Bill Palmer

I am a hobbyist woodworker. I have enjoyed making furniture and other woodworking projects for the past 33 years., I discovered the Wood Whisper Site and find the content on the site very well done.I really enjoy Wood Talk Radio, a great source of woodworking information. I will be joining the Guild in the near future so I can continue to improve my skill set. I am an Automatic Controls Engineer and have several years teaching experience and Marc presents the material in a way where it is easy to learn. Two years ago I was finally able to create my garage shop and have it set up and functional. I Still have some shop cabinets to build. I have done a little of all kinds of woodworking with my favorite being furniture and storage cabinets such as blanket chests and entertainment centers. I am currently in the middlle of two builds, both dressers for my son and his wife. One is a Chest of Drawers and the other a double dresser, I design with sketchup and create shop drawings with Auto-Cad. I am looking forward to dicussing wood working topics with all.

Bill

Welcome Bill,

The Guild is one of the best investments I've made, or I should say my wife made. :D I've been bugging her for awhile for a membership as a Birthday present. The members are very helpful, and are like family after you get to know them.. Marc really does a great job and always takes the time to answer an email. The instruction he provides in the Guild Builds is very detailed oriented yet easy to comprehend, not to mention entertaining as well .. We hope to see you in the Guild soon... Happy Holidays to you and your family..

Be safe,

Walt

dreamworkswoodshop.com

Welcome Bill. I'm from St. Louis but the inlaws are in Chillicothe (not too far from Smithville). i'll be there next week for the holidays. Marc has a great site. Make sure you check out the Woodtalk Online Live Feeds/Chat page. Lots of great casters on there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just had the sawdust scared outa me........I'm from Smithville, too......But in Tennessee!   I thought for a moment that someone in my town actually worked in wood.... Here we have millions of tree nursuries.... I guess, I'm still the only one working wood here!......Welcome!  Fellow Smithvillian!