petersb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Brett,

Great shop - both inside and out! What's up with the oscillating spindle sander? It almost looks like it's covered in MDF?

Joe

My Dad made it for me. It uses a salvaged washing machine motor. It's made from birch ply. It doesn't oscilate though, I wish that it did.

Here is a brief photo tour of my shop.

It stands alone from the house.

I still have some work that needs to be done to it like wiring and bringing out 240V.

Here it is as of today, project mess and all. It's not the prettiest, but it's MINE! :P

Let's see your workspace!

Here is my bench area, the rest is not fit for public. Yet.

Viall8r

post-621-023094300 1284007369_thumb.jpg

Here is my bench area, the rest is not fit for public. Yet.

Viall8r

Looks good to me! The rest can't be too bad. As long as it works for you.

You should have seen what my shop looked like a few months ago!! It was REALLY bad, couldn't even call it a shop. It could only be called a hole.

Thanks for sharing, I was hoping to see more pictures of other people's shops. You can get a lot of good ideas from looking at what others have done.

Nice shop, Brett! Congratulations. I do have an issue with the speed limit, though. I like the hammock chair :)

This is my abbreviated shop tour:

IMG_1143.JPG

It's too hot to pass that door. For now use your imagination. Later I'll shatter your imagined shop when you see it's just a 2-car garage bay with a table saw.

Nice shop, Brett! Congratulations. I do have an issue with the speed limit, though. I like the hammock chair :)

This is my abbreviated shop tour:

IMG_1143.JPG

It's too hot to pass that door. For now use your imagination. Later I'll shatter your imagined shop when you see it's just a 2-car garage bay with a table saw.

At least you have a nice door to go in. I can't wait for the grand opening for the season!

The speed limit sign is for the kids. They need to slow down! And the hammock chair is one that my Grandpa made... I don't where to put it. Maybe I could hang it under the porch on the shop.

that is a great looking shop both inside and out........ that how i want my shop to look when i started designing it, then reality kicked in, and had to accept the fact that i couldn't knock nexts doors extension down to build a big workshop that i dreamed of :o no mtter how nice i asked :D

Brett,

Very nice shop! Love the fact that it's detached. My shop is the double car garage, and I'm pleased to say it's never had a car in it. My tools are more valuable. lol I need some acreage so I could run the planer at 6:00am, when I want to! It's a serious waste of shop time having to wait until 9:00am. :D

I'd have to clean my shop before I posted any pictures. Right now I would rather make bowls. :)

SQ

Brett,

Very nice shop! Love the fact that it's detached. My shop is the double car garage, and I'm pleased to say it's never had a car in it. My tools are more valuable. lol I need some acreage so I could run the planer at 6:00am, when I want to! It's a serious waste of shop time having to wait until 9:00am. :D

I'd have to clean my shop before I posted any pictures. Right now I would rather make bowls. :)

SQ

Country living IS nice. I'm out as late or early as I want, cranking my tunes and running whatever power tool I'd like.

• 1 month later...

that is a great looking shop both inside and out........ that how i want my shop to look when i started designing it, then reality kicked in, and had to accept the fact that i couldn't knock nexts doors extension down to build a big workshop that i dreamed of :o no mtter how nice i asked :D

Some people just don't understand :rolleyes:

Brett:

That shop is awesome, almost my dream shop! My shop now is

DSC_4459.jpg

But most of the work gets done here:

DSC_3371.jpg

But not much woodworking goes on when it is like this:

1001300001.jpg

lol.....thanks for the thread, an inspiration!

Jim

Hey Jim, looks good! I started out working in an area about 9'x17'. It was a garage that I finished half of for some extra living space. The other half, a little less than half, I used for my workshop. I had everything on rollers and would have to roll tools out onto the driveway when I had big stuff to do. Space was really tight, but I still had fun. I am glad to have the space that I have now but something was more satisfying about working in the smaller space. Maybe it was the challenge of accomplishing something in such a tight area.

Happy cutting!

Brett

My shop, a two car garage in South Florida, only runs in the winter because it is too damn hot during the summer. The heat broke early this year and I have ben working in it for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks Dave for sharing some pictures of your shop. It looks like you have a pretty good setup of tools and space to work it. Sorry that it gets too hot work year round. Hopefully you get more time "in" the shop than "out". It sure is nice to have someplace to build projects when you need it.

Happy cutting!

I love the mobile TS base with the extension table! I am going to have to build me one of those!!! B)

Jim had an interesting blog on LumberJocks about a lot of work restoring that table saw. The later entries have more points about the stand. Was a nice build!

Since Jim didn't reply about the blog, I'm assuming he's being modest (or, better!, busy making sawdust)

Oh, the blog....well the project was done (kinda) so no additions to it. I have made some minor alterations. The cabinets aren't done as I am thinking it is getting heavy to move around. Now I have found a piece broken off the aluminum casting on the "trunion" (for lack of a better word) that will require me dis assembling the whole saw to fix....if it can be fixed. I think before I do, I will create a new, lighter extension for it. We will see how it goes, but I am keeping an eye on listings for another saw, just in case.

Jim