Triton track saw

sj2494

has anyone seen one in person i just came across this on youtube yesterday. i want a festool but not the price tag that comes along with it. I have there big router in my router table and it works great. lots of features for the money.

http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB/Model/TTS1400

i did a quick search and didnt see this topic on the forum

any thoughts

There's an answer on the amazon page that says it doesn't work with the Festool tracks.  Based on that, given the pricing similarity I would go for the Makita which does work with the Festool tracks.  I have the Makita and am happy with it.  I bet the Amazon or UPS guy that stole the first one I ordered is happy with his too ;)  If you want to get one of the long tracks for 8' cuts later I think you want to be able to buy that locally, and your best bet would be compatibility with Festool. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I am in the market for a track saw and am wondering if anyone here has actually bought the Triton and if so what they think of it. Price is a major factor for me since I am wanting to get a jointer and router table as well.

I don't want to get it if it is rubbish but the extra $500 can be better spent elsewhere oif it is perfectly serviceable.

Yeah, the review of the Grizzly drove me to buy something similar.  The brand I bought was a Scheppach CS55, and I'm happy with it.  It seems they're all the same design but they change the colors.  I read all the reviews you could imagine, and even watched a video of how to improve the design (link to YouTube).

A better blade than the stock one was a good idea.  I didn't have to make any changes to the track, and it's been working really well in the small shop.  I can't fit a table saw with enough in-/out-feed, so this was perfect.

I tried a homemade straight-line jig with a borrowed circular saw, but that failed miserably.  This track saw made me very happy.  No regrets.

Hope it helps you with your decision.

Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate it.

The Makita is nearly $200 more and the Grizzly is not available in Australia.

So is the extra $200 worth it? The only models here in Australia seem to be Dewalt, Festool (both around the $1,000 marl) Makita (around $650 before discount) and Triton (Just under $500). I would prefer the Dewalt (the cordless looks very nice) but as I said, price is a serious consideration.

Traditionally Triton has been more home workshop rather than serious woodworker but the tracksaw does look nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. I have done all of the research and (so far) It looks like the Makita. $300-$400 cheaper and it looks to have the same features more or less and produce just as good a cut. All of the cheaper saws are just that - cheaper saws. Now to save up the bikkies for the purchase, or wait until I see a decent special.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Festool. Plastering supplies are having a 10% sale which makes the saw plus single track $900 over here which make is a pretty good deal. If any other Australians are interested in the sale the promo code is melbournecup2014 and the web site is http://www.plasteringsupplies.com.au. The sale ends tomorrow night.

Now I need some accessories.