Wood and Shop - Joshua Farnsworth

Orbb

Anyone see this guy's website and videos on Youtube?  Shannon mentioned this guy's interview with Phil Lowe in the last Woodtalk.  His website and video production in excellent - very high quality.  I wonder what his back story is.

www.woodandshop.com

Agreed, the production is so crisp! He has a video where he makes a jointer plane and rubs oil on it in a "sensual" way  :). I think he mentioned he was going to do a film of this with Mr Underhill. Having said that I could have dreamed that whole situation, nope, just checked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCbSJ8i6F4 he is.

I watched that application........ is that what is called a woodie?   Just askin!

• Like 1

I used to watch David Marks show "Wood Works" and he'd always get to the part in the project where he'd apply finish and he'd say "today, I'm going to finish this with..." [and I'd say it with him] 'tung oil'.  He probably used other finishes but I can't remember an instance of anything besides tung oil....and there are good reasons.  I love tung oil...especially on mahogany. When this guy wiped the first strip of it across the top of his plane, I just smiled and said, "yes...".  Did I mention......I love tung oil! Wonder if it would work well in my cereal???

Since I posted this, I have spent a fair amount of time watching his videos.  I thought I had a pretty good handle on the woodworking content out there, so finding this, and noting the quality, made me want to dig a little deeper.

A couple of thoughts/observations:

• The site and videos are top notch, production-wise.  He clearly has experience in photography and videography; the lighting is especially good.
  • I sense that he is behind Marc, Matt, Shannon and a lot of the other woodworking podcasters, both in woodworking experience and on-air experience.  If he keeps this up that will likely improve through time.
  • He appears to have some means, as evidenced by his videos which shows him traveling to meet people like Phil Lowe and Frank Klausz, which is a nice twist. 

All in all, I will look forward to following him.

I used to watch David Marks show "Wood Works" and he'd always get to the part in the project where he'd apply finish and he'd say "today, I'm going to finish this with..." [and I'd say it with him] 'tung oil'.  He probably used other finishes but I can't remember an instance of anything besides tung oil....and there are good reasons.  I love tung oil...especially on mahogany. When this guy wiped the first strip of it across the top of his plane, I just smiled and said, "yes...".  Did I mention......I love tung oil! Wonder if it would work well in my cereal???

I don't know for sure about cereal,  but there's a rumor going around , that it goes very well with mini shark!

She's no Martha Stewart but then, I've never seen Martha make a mortise. I like this girl

Do you watch Dr. Oz and Oprah as well?   You retired folks are a bunch of lazy TV watching  old farts!.    She was good considering she's new at the work. And will help the new folks just starting out, they'll grow with her.