New Pole Barn (shop in progress)

Janello

I couldn't let Mike Suiter have all the fun!  ;)

Morton built this and once the slab is poured I will do all the finishing. I'm hoping to work on this over the winter and be able to move my tools in by early spring.

Things left to do-

Run conduit for 100A service and in floor outlets

Pour Slab

Partition off 11 x 23 area for clean room

Insulate and finish interior walls and ceiling

Run all lighting and electrical circuits

Install 2 head ductless heat pump

Top soil and landscape

20141001_172916_resized_2_zpsbf6ce8cb.jp

20141003_173633_resized_2_zpsb2e46c92.jp

20141006_160311_resized_1_zpsd0194852.jp

20141006_160339_resized_1_zps90a3b3ee.jp

20141007_165703_resized_10_zps8b0ecd29.j

I couldn't let Mike Suiter have all the fun!  ;)

It's fun until you get to the final 25% (about where I'm at) then it's "can this be done already?"

Congratulations and of course I love the colors! You are going to love it, and one thing I really like about mine, are the windows. It's so nice to have a view and natural light plus fresh air on nice days. Keep the pictures coming and us updated on the build. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not much new to report. Between the weather, waiting on the pin oak to be milled and funds to come through, things have mostly been on hold. I did get the Knotty Alder doors installed, and they look great! I'll post some pics once I get the walls closed up, looks like that may take another few weeks.

Not too sound dumb. But I assume you figured out layout first to run electrical before concrete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete gets poured after the structure is standing with Pole Barn construction so technically you can run electric after the pour. However, I didn't want to see the building service enter from the outside so I ran my conduit in before the pour. At the same time I ran a conduit for my floor outlet boxes below the pour.

How do you like Morton ? I'm getting ready to start on building a shop soon is why I'm asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From talking with quite a few other people that have them before I hired them out, they have a terrific reputation. My experience with them was top notch. They put one gentleman in charge from start to finish. He helped with design, permits, material deliver, follow ups and was always a phone call away. I never got the feeling they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes or sell me something I didn't need or want. The building was built with strait clean lumber and 3 employees that had each been with the company for 20+ years knocked it out in 4 days! Having said that, they have a reputation for being a little pricey, but in my area I didn't have many options that were not risky. Mike Suiter (Estesbuba) just had a Lester Building put up and from the pictures he posted here it looks like they paid the same attention to detail. I'd say they are the two big players that have the testimony of prefabricated, well built Pole Barns.