Humidor.

mds2

I have still been practicing hand dovetailing, so I made another thing.  A humidor.   I have no idea how much time I have in this but it was fun to build.  It is made of quartersawn sycamore, purple heart, cherry, and Spanish cedar.  

XcOgycil.jpg?1
8jsJOeCl.jpg?1
QdZbGcWl.jpg
W0LvoHNl.jpg?1
ueg3wxml.jpg?1
tIkPAWzl.jpg?1

• Like 1

Does the cigar take on the flavor of the humidor? Is that why it's lined in cedar?

Obviously, I know nothing of humidors. Other than they are often really nice looking boxes.

Spanish cedar, specifically, is what is used to line humidors, though I dont know all of the reasons why.  I imagine it is because of it's rot resistance in a humid environment.   I don't smoke cigars either. 

Does the cigar take on the flavor of the humidor? Is that why it's lined in cedar?

Obviously, I know nothing of humidors. Other than they are often really nice looking boxes.

Specifically "Spanish Cedar".... It maintains the moisture and humidity, and doesn't impart that cedar odor into the cigars. There are several different ways to keep the humidity at the level that is best for tobbaco, [Which is between 65% and 75%].   70% being ideal, though difficult to control, due to the opening and closing of the humidor.