Coffee Pourover Station

wouldwurker

Vinn, from looking at all the blood, just wondered who you got to cut the boards for ya? Just shi**in ya.

That thing looks darn nice. Now I'll go back and watch the instructional video and see what I'm missing

Ok, I watched the video. You'd play hell frying eggs and bacon while making coffee.

I'll stick with my Folgers and Community coffee.

Still a neat project though!

• Like 1

It's neither...hard to explain. Here's a pic of it.

f96b992837745868ba0c71e2b8f67628.jpg

The recess is for the base, and really just decorative. There will be another 2.5" through-hole in the middle for a 'male' end that will extend past the base bottom.

I don't think the base gets all that hot, and there will be air between the male spout and the walls of the hole.

What would be perfect is some sort of protective tubing of sorts that I could epoxy in the inside of the hole. I might actually just apply some epoxy to the walls inside the hole.

Looking very nice Vinny, although the function is still totally foreign to me. (not a coffee drinker)

Pourover coffee is basically the same as drip, except you have a kettle of boiling watter you pour into a vessel, cone, or other doohicky that has the grounds, a filter, and a hole for the water to go through.

He's building a stand for the doohicky, that a cup/pot will sit underneath while the water takes its time to move down into the cup from the doohicky.

This picture might help.

brass-walnut-pour-over-coffee-brewer-han