Recent jig shopping

collinb

Went to an estate sale on Sat.  Got some goodies and some stuff I don't need, as things always go.

The first jig I cannot figure out.  The block on the front is roughly 1 width of the kerf away and the marks on top are 1 kerf away to the other side, with the top movable.  It has two plastic 3/4" guides on the bottom.  I'm keeping it around just in case ...

The two fences were in the same stack.  After work today I got my saw out to check blade alignment (fortunately OK) and then align the protractor fence.  I can see why they frustrate people.  Took a while to get it right on and "right on" does not exactly match the scale.  Oh well.  Right is right.  Worse case I can pull the face off it for some other application.

Haven't had time to work with the fence with alignment holes, though I might assume it to be more precise.

Got that nice router table fence in the stack. I have a suitable bit which I'm going to try to use as a jointer for small stuff (<2") on the router table.  This could prove useful.

And that roller which was called for as table saw outfeed.  It's vintage.  The estate had a great deal of stuff from pre-WWII and there were buyers there with money to spend.  Nobody wanted this so it went cheap.  The style is certainly pre-war.  Just needs a taller center post to be useful and that won't cost much at all.

Oh, and I also ended up with one more of my favorite accessory -- a B&D workmate, and old type 2.  So handy.

post-16123-0-03601300-1427928272_thumb.j

post-16123-0-59034800-1427928280_thumb.j

post-16123-0-65853600-1427928290_thumb.j

post-16123-0-40773200-1427928299_thumb.j

• Like 1