Where to buy used non-handled chisels online

Workofwood

The guy wants to make his own handles and go through the restoration process, not buy a brand new set. I don't think his point is to have a top of the line set, he wants to make the handles and restore them. I checked eBay for vintage socket chisels, I got 3 hits right off the bat, but as long as they are socket chisels you can remove and "lose" the factory handles. 

There are always plenty on the auction site.  Stanley 720 and 750's are nice chisels, and always available.  There are other good ones too, but it's probably hard to accumulate a set of anything other than those Stanleys unless you spend a lot of time there.

Just do a search there for "chisels".  A lot of people who list things for sale don't know what they are selling.  There will be a lot to look through, but you can scroll down through the pages pretty quickly.  Just stay away from any heavily rusted ones, or ones hit with a hammer without a handle in the socket.

Edited by Tom King