Industrial size routing table & loader

Katie

Hello! I have a large, industrial size router table and loader in my back yard. I'm trying to find some information about it but have had no luck. I'd like to find out if it's worth anything, how old it is, etc. If anyone knows anything about these, please help!

Thanks

IMG_20160304_140617.jpg

IMG_20160316_152554.jpg

IMG_20160316_152708.jpg

That is a CNC router table. I seriously doubt that all the electrical components and the router motor could be put back in working order at a reasonable cost. The fact that someone put what was once an expensive machine outside with no cover suggests it might have been dead or obsolete at the time. All the machines on the companies website also have a computer hooked up. Replacing that and the compatible software would be another issue.

Maybe someone might buy it for parts but the electro/mechanical parts would not fare well after being exposed to the elements for so long.

Wow, that really sucks. I see old planers etc mothballed outside just rusting away. I never understood why they were put outside, but it is plausible--they are heavy, broke down 30 years ago, just move it outside to rot. CNC being left outside is just plain dumb. That is a lot of wasted money sitting in your yard. Even more wasted money after you pay someone to come haul it away. Maybe someone would be interested in reusing the gantry and bed to build their own semi-homemade CNC? This is assuming all that crap isnt rusted and beyond restoration. You need a creative and unique buyer, that is for sure. 

Unusual bed ratio, does this company specialize in certain cnc router applications?

If the router table was wider, it would make a great slab leveler.  Otherwise, it's probably worth about 3 cents a pound, so not worth the acetylene to cut it up, or the gas to haul it to the recyclers.

We pulled about 2,000 sq. ft. of old standing seam metal roof off an old house.  It sat on the trailer until I needed the trailer, so I pulled it to the recycler, just to get rid of it.  1300 pounds of scrap metal brought $38.75.