Greetings from Tumwater, Wash.

sgmdwk

Like the last poster, I saw this site in the latest Wood magazine. I have been fooling around with woodworking for 25 years, or so. But a career in the Army and then a hectic second career didn't give me time to do all I wanted. Now the Social Security Administration pays me to do whatever I darn well please, so I am hoping to spend more time in the shop. I am no artist. My tools are pretty basic - a contractor's table saw, a drill press, a power miter saw and the usual power and hand tools. No jointer, no band saw, no lathe. But, despite my equipment limitations my handmade furniture can be found in every room of our hose (and some at my son's house, too). I am now focused on improving my shop. I just built a new workbench and plan to build a base with storage for my table saw, as my next effort. I look forward to sharing ideas and questions with others on the site.

post-14024-0-10665500-1368316526_thumb.j

Welcome to the neighborhood ! You will get various opinions to any question or post. Woodworking is like that, lots of ways to achive similar results. The trick is figuring out which approach works for you. Lots of experience is available so you can pick our brains, feel free to add your 2 cents worth when a topic you know comes up.

• Like 1