shop pics etc

labig

You said you will hang cabinets over most of the space? I would consider paint. I can understand wanting the wood to show and celebrating the grain but there is a flip side. Ply is obviously ply to most of the people who celebrate wood. Also you want to be careful not to create a conflict with your cabinets so you need a plan for this detail first. If your cabinets will be feature items I would look for a backdrop color that will let the cabinets pop. Another idea if this is more utilitarian is to simply use a finish you want to learn. I have never sprayed more than poorly thinned latex with a super cheap Venturi. If I were building a standalone for more serious production I would consider a spray setup and use the ply for practice.

You said you will hang cabinets over most of the space? I would consider paint. I can understand wanting the wood to show and celebrating the grain but there is a flip side. Ply is obviously ply to most of the people who celebrate wood. Also you want to be careful not to create a conflict with your cabinets so you need a plan for this detail first. If your cabinets will be feature items I would look for a backdrop color that will let the cabinets pop. Another idea if this is more utilitarian is to simply use a finish you want to learn. I have never sprayed more than poorly thinned latex with a super cheap Venturi. If I were building a standalone for more serious production I would consider a spray setup and use the ply for practice.

paint is one option I will never do , but thanks for reply . I need something to protect without hiding the wood look ?

Not even pink?  Oh wait... :D

My vote is with (surprise) Danish Oil.  Oil & varnish in one.  It'll give the wood a deeper look & protect it from most everything except forceful impacts.

pink hmmmmm , maybe try the oil on a piece see how it looks thx.

i would use water based poly if you really need to finish the walls. i would use that time spent on finishing the walls for making more storage. if you're going to put cabinets on the wall, won't your nicely finished plywood walls just get covered up? just trying to give you a different approach for it all.... 

i would use water based poly if you really need to finish the walls. i would use that time spent on finishing the walls for making more storage. if you're going to put cabinets on the wall, won't your nicely finished plywood walls just get covered up? just trying to give you a different approach for it all.... 

maybe I wait till all cabinets are up and see how much walls are left ?

I notice that it has a trap.  I'm guessing that the trap may dry out at times.  That can allow sewer gas to come out of the drain pipe.  Dumping a glass of water in the drain once a week is a good idea.

yes other side of wall is a sink and counter to same drain , thanks .

post-14310-0-77587000-1383526474_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...