shop pics etc

labig

Looks awesome labig! I have one question, do you get full swing on your miter saw with it set far back in the recess there? 

unfortunately I don't get the swing far enough but I don't do too many 45 degrees yet that would be a future fix for me  good eye .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'm sorry I'm not getting this Labig..

If you're referring to the left side under the window, if a cabinet would go in there, I'd put one in there.  If you referring to the right side off the end, I have no opinion there as I don't know what you need for storage and what you intend to put there in the future.

Sorry for being a PITA, just trying to understand..

Ok, I'm sorry I'm not getting this Labig..

If you're referring to the left side under the window, if a cabinet would go in there, I'd put one in there.  If you referring to the right side off the end, I have no opinion there as I don't know what you need for storage and what you intend to put there in the future.

Sorry for being a PITA, just trying to understand..

would be right side of mitre saw add a cabinet to under  upper  shelving or not I am ok for storage just looks lost  empty there .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The space you have is going to be small fast. I would start by getting tools you will need for the type of woodworking you are going to do and let the shop grow from there. You probably will start with a tablesaw, and once you have that in there you will see were a bench will fit. It was said above about wheels......... that is a good idea. Consider making all your tops the same height.....  this you will find helpful in the future.  I have been in woodworking a long time and what I have found is that my biggest project is my shop. I just moved one tool the other day and it is going to take about two weeks for the dust to settle, not to mention that I have about four projects in-process. That is the fun of the hole thing, just being in there doing it.   Have fun

Thomas

• Like 1

• 4 months later...