Maple end table

Llama

I call them aprons. I'm not sure if "rails" are also correct?

6" is probably a bigger dimension than you used, and I'm hoping it doesn't make it look too heavy. Also, how far did you offset that leg from the outside of the top? I am at 0.75" at the moment. I think that should be plenty, but what do you think?

6" is probably a bigger dimension than you used, and I'm hoping it doesn't make it look too heavy. Also, how far did you offset that leg from the outside of the top? I am at 0.75" at the moment. I think that should be plenty, but what do you think?

I'll measure it when I get home, I'm not sure. I do have a 1/4 offset from the front of the leg to the apron. I am fairly certain my aprons are 6". Although my legs are much thinner.

Offest of top and leg isn't too important to me, I was more worried about the aprons. Your table looks great, and the proportions look good with the 6" dimension. So that's set in stone for me now :)

Also, how far down from the top does your taper start? At the moment I have it at 9 or 10 inches.

FWIW, although I suggested a breadboards, i actually do not like the look very much. Always strikes me as looking overbuilt. In this day and age of sheet goods, exposed end grain is proof that the top is solid wood. If it is finished nicely I prefer the look to breadboards.