MFT work center

Spencer_J

i found this video last night on a FOG thread posted last year and i can't help but want to share. I'm very inspired and can't wait to draw up my own version that fits to my space. it sure beats my particle board door on a metal work bench! this is also the first time i have seen the veritas twin screw vise in action... looks perfect for my kind of work. 

can't figure out how to embed this video... pardon my ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cepg2DAkKQE...

The thing that really makes me tingle is the dogs on the side of the vise, the miter arm, the t track on the front for setting up the tracksaw, router table, and the metal vise.

One of the posters in that thread talked about making matching dog holes in the plate that the scroll saw and vise link into. That is a really good idea too. Just plop two dogs in, and set your jig or machine right onto those two dogs. Great for those times when you need a jig to stay put right in the center of your bench and clamps don't work right.

I'm pumped....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that really makes me tingle is the dogs on the side of the vise, the miter arm, the t track on the front for setting up the tracksaw, router table, and the metal vise.

I'm pumped....

+1 out of likes for the day ;-P

Spencer, I was quite impressed while watching this earlier. I really like the way that the bench incorporates the ability to use a track saw directly on it. It almost looks like it functions as a bridge saw (like the ez system).

• 3 weeks later...