Christmas!

Llama

I was dead set on getting a saw from Bad Axe but stumbled across a forum where the saws from Blackburn tools where getting some very high praises. I exchanged a couple emails with Isaac Smith owner of Blackburn and that was enough to tip the scale in favor of his saws. I think the saw business for Bad Axe is booming and Mark has added a couple helpers, which is great for Bad Axe but I wanted a saw completely made by the "Master Tool Maker." I am being a little bit of a snob but I don't care!

I exchanged a couple emails with Isaac Smith owner of Blackburn the "Master Tool Maker."

LOL, he got an axe directly from the head Smith :blink::P:D:lol:

Sorry Jim, I couldn't resist.

Ok, so the family was well taken care of. The kids and Mrs. too....

I apparently was a bad elf, as I ended up with a new pair of shoes for work..... I wore them and 8 hours into my 12 hour shift of standing, they had to come off!! Ouch, thank God for carpet ;-)

I was dead set on getting a saw from Bad Axe but stumbled across a forum where the saws from Blackburn tools where getting some very high praises. I exchanged a couple emails with Isaac Smith owner of Blackburn and that was enough to tip the scale in favor of his saws. I think the saw business for Bad Axe is booming and Mark has added a couple helpers, which is great for Bad Axe but I wanted a saw completely made by the "Master Tool Maker." I am being a little bit of a snob but I don't care!

What's wrong with that?  If you got the funds and they have what you want, more power to you!

Mel it was 3 months when i placed my order as it was coming up to xmas. He batches similar saws together so you may hit the top of the list sooner. I also have to wait the 8 weeks for it to get to this side of the pond if my last order from the states is anything to go by. I think its worth the wait.

Need to save up a lot more before i can have a full set :)

• Like 1

We don't really exchange gifts with adults at Christmas, but we buy something for ourselves. I bought a very nice old Bedrock 608 and the Veritas iron and chip breaker to go with it, waited a long time and couldn't be happier. After several hours it performs as well as my high end planes but with more backlash, and as a lover of old tools that's fine with me! Merry Christmas all.

• Like 1