Christmas!

Llama

First off, Merry Christmas!

Ok, post your new tools/stuff! ;)

I'll start :)

We all know what these are. The low angle jointer, dowel plate 3/4 chisel and the blade adapter for my large router plane.

Posted Image

And this is the one that means the most to me. It was my sons idea. He's 11, and wanted to get this for my shop/shows. It's all custom and his design. I was at a loss for words when I opened it.

Posted Image

Can't beat a stocking full o' steel! :)   I've been wanting one of their dowel plates forever but can never get myself to buck up the cash for a piece of metal with holes drilled in it.  The poster is really cool.  Your picture says, "Hey, I'm a serious craftsman.  And if you don't like my stuff, I'll kick your ass." LOL

Can't post any pics of my goodies because they're still in Maine, but they'll look like this and should be on their way tomorrow:

mcsi.jpg

93ed.jpg

• Like 1

I got the lie nielsen no.8 jointer plane from my parents. Im going home at three to do presents with my girlfriend. We did one gift each yesterday. She got me two lee valley drawing bows, very exciting!!! Ill post pics later after we finish presents. Btw, i let her open her michael kors hand bag yesterday. She likes designer bags, an i like expensive hand tools, we both win!

Indeed Freddie. I didn't mean to sound crappy or one upping you or anything... Just saying that I really miss those days! Now one handbag is a handplane collection for most of us. But, I don't mind. As long as she is happy, that's all that matters to me. My wife and kids are all that truly matter to me. Not stuff.

Truly didn't mean anything by my post. It reads crappier than I meant it.

Merry Christmas all.  I got the book 'By Hand and By Eye' and the remaining 2 of the 4 part David Charlesworth videos.  The big present was a 16" Bad Axe Hybrid Filed Tenon Saw.

DSCF1572_zpse6752a12.jpg

Best part of my Christmas was to see how my son reacted to his new Lee Valley coping saw and apron plane.  Hard to beat a big smile and a child's excitement!

• Like 2

Here is my christmas everybody. I have to say that I have the best girlfriend and parents in the world.

-Lie Nielsen no.8 jointer plane

-Lie Nielsen no.60 1/2 block plane

-Lie Nielsen rabbet block plane

-Veritas router plane with fence

-Veritas large shoulder plane pm-v11 blade

-Veritas flat spokeshave

-Veritas round spokeshave

-Veritas winding sticks

-Lee Valley drawing bows

I feel like a kid in a candy store today, I am very blessed. Merry christmas everybody!

post-3732-0-77442000-1388008469_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-88078500-1388008473_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-05731200-1388008769_thumb.jp