Kreg Master jig (pocket hole)

Renzo

post-242-013901100 1287693079_thumb.jpg

Last week I plopped down $136 and tax for a Kreg Master jig system at Lee Valley.

Did about 9 pocket holes with it, and on the 10th the included bit broke. The tip of the bit that bores the counter sink broke right off.

I'll goto Lee Valley and i'm sure they'll swap it out, but weird.

I was drilling into maple not 4" thick steel!

Last week I plopped down $136 and tax for a Kreg Master jig system at Lee Valley.

Did about 9 pocket holes with it, and on the 10th the included bit broke. The tip of the bit that bores the counter sink broke right off.

Not long ago I got the deck jig, I already have the one you got. I haven't had problems but on the last one I bought there was a notice in the case that said they had experienced some problems with bits snapping and to cantact them for an imediate replacement if it happened. I suppose they came across a bad bunch.

Cool.

Thanks for this info. I didn't notice this in the case I got although i probably didn't look too closely. You know.. guys with new toys :)

I'll try returning to Lee Valley first as I have a local retail store here and they're great with returns. You don't even need a receipt. But if all fails i'll contact Kreg.

Not long ago I got the deck jig, I already have the one you got. I haven't had problems but on the last one I bought there was a notice in the case that said they had experienced some problems with bits snapping and to cantact them for an imediate replacement if it happened. I suppose they came across a bad bunch.

Renzo,

I may be too late to the chat here, but if you need a new bit right away and arguing about the return in not worth the time, they stock them at Lowe's so you can easily pick up a new bit if you have a local branch.

As for Kreg, I'm shocked that the bit broke, I've had my Kreg jig for about 6 or 7 years now. I'm on my 2nd bit because the first one dulled out over time, but I've never damaged either, let alone broken one.

Thanks.. I doubt i'll have to argue with lee valley. But i'll let everyone know how it works out. .gonna run up this afternoon. May snag the incra table saw miter gauge while im there too so not all bad :)

As for Lowe's it's being built, should be opening in January woohoo. They're slow in popping up in Canada.

Renzo,

I may be too late to the chat here, but if you need a new bit right away and arguing about the return in not worth the time, they stock them at Lowe's so you can easily pick up a new bit if you have a local branch.

As for Kreg, I'm shocked that the bit broke, I've had my Kreg jig for about 6 or 7 years now. I'm on my 2nd bit because the first one dulled out over time, but I've never damaged either, let alone broken one.

Very suprising. I have had nothing but great success with the Kreg products I have purchased. As has already been stated, if you have any issues with Lee Valley (which I highly doubt) the folks at Kreg will treat you well, they are a great bunch. Even if Lee Valley takes care of you, let the folks at Kreg know. If there is an issue with the bit's they'll want to know about it.

Renzo,

Kreg has a sharping service I have 4 bits and all but one has been sharpened they do a great job.