Not Upsetting Your Wife

I've gone through this with my girlfriend on many occasions years back. She had bought me many things for my shop, but the truth is you're using the tools everyday so you need to make that point clear without hurting feelings. I was afraid to hurt my girlfriends feelings, but she ended up being ok with it, realizing how specific I am about certain things. She bought me a crown dovetail saw years ago, and I have since replaced it with a lie nielsen. She bought me the wall control metal peg board set, but I'm not a huge fan of the metal or peg board, so that has since been retired from my wall.  She bought me a 8" jet jointer planer, and I told her that wasn't going to work for me, so she returned it. That was a sore one but we worked through it. :) Fast forward to today, she will not buy something without asking me first. Btw, she buys me lie nielsen and veritas now. :) She also bought me the mobility kit for my laguna bandsaw, so the girl knows what the deal is now, she's on the up and up with the good tools!

I gotta get me one of these - the girlfriend, that is.

Chet really hit the nail on the head and I was going to suggest something similar.  The truth is the saw was a wonderful gift and has served you well for 25 years.  The shoe suggestion was a good one.  I was going to suggest you compare it to driving a 25 year old car.  Both are wonderful when they are new and serve their purpose well for a time.  But after a time their usefulness diminishes and it's time to reduce their use or replace them.

I'm sure your wife is a reasonable and understanding person.  You're probably anticipating more of a response then you will actually get.

Don't do it Byrdie!!!  Tool budget goes to poop!     ;)

Not when it's one like Freddie's!  First of all, I've seen pictures.  Second, she's the one buying the tools!.  Plus I've been living on one income for quite awhile.  In my household another income would free up some money.

• Like 2