x

elwoodblues

Hello ladies, look at me, now look at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using Elmer's glue to fix the crack on the credenza and started to use wood glue, he could start to act like me. Look down, now up. Where are you? You're in my shop with a place your man could have like. What's in your hand, now back at me. It's a dovetailed box with two wood bowls you'll love. Look again, the wood bowls are now a coffee table. Anything is possible when your man has a shop and stops using kids glue to fix things. I'm on a sawhorse.

Awesome.

this thread wasnt what i was hoping. i was thinking girls in bikinis on a Powermatic table saw or a Grizzly 12" jointer.

I'm with Jason. Kind of a woodworking adaptation to "Low Rider Mag" covers.

Butt enough of that... I did read last year an unusual statistic. "They" said, while the divorce rate across the population sits around 50%, it is a meager 5% for woodworkers. Again, "they" said that.

So I thought about that for awhile and my reasoning is this: if the wife gets tired of the ww husband, she asks him how a project is coming along and maybe hints that he go 'right now' to work on it knowing full well that "I'll be gone for an hour, honey" means 4. She gets peace and quiet and he gets full of sawdust. Two happy people. She might also use the known 4 hours to get away for errands, which makes her happy, too.

Dunno, just thinking aloud...

Yeah, Jason, Megan Fox looking under the hood of a PM2000. Yup.

My wife usually leaves me alone in the shop, she and the kids know the rule of standing back when I'm on a power tool. When ever she wants me to make a project for her friends or family I get her invovled. She actually like sanding and finishing. WOW! Of course I have to make her a little something every now and then. She says it's because I love her. I thought it was to justify a new tool. Maybe it's both. I guess I better finish that bandsaw box I'm making for her, I have my eye on a new planer.

Hello ladies, look at me, now look at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using Elmer's glue to fix the crack on the credenza and started to use wood glue, he could start to act like me. Look down, now up. Where are you? You're in my shop with a place your man could have like. What's in your hand, now back at me. It's a dovetailed box with two wood bowls you'll love. Look again, the wood bowls are now a coffee table. Anything is possible when your man has a shop and stops using kids glue to fix things. I'm on a sawhorse.

THis very well could be the funniest thing that I have read on the forum as of yet. I think Ben said it best.... Awesome!

I guess I'm lucky. My wife doesn't come up to the shop too often. If I ask for a few minutes help, she comes up, if she is not doing something important. (Her call) But she does all of the finishing. She does the final sanding, staining, varnishing and painting as necessary. She is very good at it, for which I am grateful. The other side of the coin is that if she has to stand around for more than five minutes, she dissapears back to the house, into her office, and goes back to being the "Professor".