The project that broke the camels back

Freddie

I started turning down requests about 25 years ago.  I just started telling them that I really enjoy doing woodworking but it is no fun when I am up against it.  Your right you don't make enough and they don't really want to pay what it is worth.  And a lot of times working with cheap materials only makes it worse.  I just don't really have any fun when I am working for someone else.

Delivery complete and paid, also tipped. All they need to do is flat black everything behind the covers. They absolutely loved the covers thank god. I did a little victory dance after I walked out of the house with my tool bag! I photographed their journey from the shop to new home.

*Edit* For you cabinet makers on here as a disclosure :) , I did not make scribe panels for this install, nor did I feel like scribing the entire cabinets to the wall. This job did not warrant it. The walls in this basement apt. were pretty horrifying in some areas, and the customers knew this, so we will all sleep well tonight. :)

post-3732-0-04518100-1415498703_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-38076600-1415498711_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-24019000-1415498717_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-14556800-1415498726_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-40980700-1415498731_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I think it looks like you kept the metal enclosure intact and just mounted this in addition?  Was this becuase it was nasty and dark if you removed the metal piece?

Curious to the thoughts behind this as i have a similar heating system and have begun to consider a more elegant solution like you have prepared.

Thanks,

Ted

They look great ! Scribed to the wall is an extra for the client to decide ( and pay for ! ) a reveal or a piece of trim can work as well.

Radiators are quite rare in the south. I loved the level of packing for transport ! I do something very similar to protect my hard work from any damage during delivery.

Classic shot with the TP on the cover and not on a roll holder. I'll be one to admit I get so darn frustrated when I go into the bathroom and notice the roll is empty on the holder...but the new roll is used and actually sitting on the tank of the toilet. I just think to myself, the roll holder is literally an easy reach to the right WHILE YOU ARE SITTING. But, you have to contort yourself a little bit and make more of an effort to put it on the tank.

Rant over...